To answer some questions about the Visitor incidents.
- No one in my home had any occurrences like I did. Not that I know of. This sounds weird, but there were three of us living in this house at the time, but I mostly felt alone. My mom worked a tremendous amount of wacky hours, and my brother was battling his own demons at this time and he was disconnected from everyone.
- When I tried to tell both my Mother and Brother about what I had been hearing, I was dismissed as me being dramatic.
- The two nights that I wrote about were the most chilling. There were other nights that I was sleeping in the bed with my Mom and could hear the walking of the halls….I just stayed tight and prayed. I did not sleep well while we lived in this house, and my grades at school were a sure sign of this. Many nights, if my Mom was working all night, I would spend the night at my friends apt. who lived in the building behind us.
- It was not a dream. This was as real as it could be.
- This was not an animal running through our house.
- A lot of people don’t believe in ghosts, or spirits. I know they are out there.
- Sometimes I wish I had opened my eyes to see what was there in front of me, but then again, it is scary to think that that vision would still be with me today!
- I did not know who lived there before us, or after us to confirm the haunting.
Ok, for my theory. This did not come to me until years later, and it may NOT be true, it is just a theory.
When we first moved into this townhouse (In an Atlanta suburb) I had befriended a little girl named Susan.
Susan was many years younger than I, maybe around 7 or 8. Her Mom was the leasing agent of the complex. I did not know anyone my age and Susan invited me to her house to play several times.
Susan and her Mom lived in the same exact model townhouse as we did, but theirs was decorated so nice; fancy. Up and down the stairway walls, just about every inch was covered by photographs and beautiful paintings. I had never seen so much hanging on a wall before.
I would go over frequently and play with her and all her awesome toys, she had a beautiful room full of great stuff. cabbage patch babies too!
I remember her mom would make great snacks for us as well.
I think in a way, I was almost babysitting her, keeping her out of her Mom’s hair.
After several months of living here, I finally made some friends my own age and my friendship with Susan faded. I kind of forgot about her. That is what happens to 12/13 year old brains.
Later, I have a faded memory of riding my bike past Susan’s townhouse one day and seeing a group of people going into their townhouse. I remember seeing either a large white bouquet of flowers being carried, or a white wreath of flowers.
I thought nothing of this.
Then, the talk in the neighborhood by some of the kids was that Susan and her mom died in a plane crash. I honestly have no idea if this is true.
Possibly they just moved? Or possibly, they did die. I have no idea.
But the spirit who visited our home, was to me, a child. With all the slow paced walking and eventual running around…it was a child.
That is my theory and I am sticking to it!
Ok. With all that being said…here is a little tidbit that freaked my freak. I KNOW this was purely coincidental…I just KNOW IT.
about 10 years ago the girls and I were visiting my family in Atlanta. We were out running around and we were near this complex. I thought it would be cool to show the girls where I lived for 3 years of my childhood.
As soon as we pulled into the parking area of where our townhouse was, I looked at our front door and pointed it out to Lo and Linds…
and at that exact moment, a little girl inside pulled at the sidelight curtain and peeked out.
I can’t make this up. I’m not Stephen King.
I do know this had to be a coincidence.
So, I pulled into the parking spot and immediately turned around.
So, do you think I am a loon? Do you believe in spirits?
Truth be told, it does not matter what others think of this…I know my story.