I had a mini-breakdown last week; actually, I have had several over the past month or so. I should learn that when things are going well in my technology life, just leave them that way. The story of my frustration is a long one, I don’t want to bore you with ALL the details, but I’ve learned a hard lesson.
*bangs head against wall*
A little timeline of my blogging career. Wait, is it a career if instead of making money, you might actually spend money?
- 2008 I signed up for Blogger (daybydaywithsuz.blogspot.com)
- 2019 Purchased my own domain while still using the blogger platform (busybeesuz.com)
- April 2020-Feeling ballsy, or perhaps it was the pandemic, I moved over to WordPress.com because I was sick of bloggers bullshit. Also, sick of everything because pandemic. (temp blog: Suzblogshere.wordpress.com, until I could move my domain over) I was loving WordPress.com. Ease of adding in photos, videos, gifs. IT was a glorious time in my blogging life. Glorious.
- August 2020-I might have lost my mind because I was so happy with WordPress.com and The ONLY thing I couldn’t get it do to was to copy protect my photos and I thought that might be a good thing. I thought I’d go even bigger (or home) and get myself involved in the WordPress.org (I can add a plugin to protect my pics) which is a bigger deal because it needs a host; I chose Bluehost as my host because I’d read they were great; they were helpful; they were easy. (WordPress.com and blogger ARE their own hosts) I moved my domain there and immediately hated it. It was hard y’all. Within a day I called and said I wanted to cancel my bluehost account. Guess what? They aren’t easy. They aren’t nice. Since I’d already moved my domain twice, I could not move it again for 60 days. So, I’ve been in hosting jail. The beds here suck.
- My get out of jail card is on October 6th. So I’ll try to switch my domain back sometime on that day or shortly after back to my WordPress.com site. I’m scared. I have a bit of PTSD with all the moving of domains, profiles, emails, etc….PRAY FOR ME.
- If I disappear altogether, you’ll know why.
Now, onto pretty and pleasant things that don’t make me bang my head against a wall.
I just realized I’ve not shared anything butterfly related in a while. Have you lost sleep? I’ve been all about ‘my bones, chicken tenders, pelicans, hating olives, and possibly turning into a Georgia peach, sucky blog’ lately.
While in GA (you’re a peach Suzanne!) Kelly and I noticed what we suspected were Giant Swallowtails from a distance, but upon closer inspection they were Tiger Swallowtails. And they were aplenty. Did you hear us squeal?
Guess what butterfly I DO NOT have in my yard at home? TIGER SWALLOWTAILS! I was so excited I might have pee’d a little, which really isn’t that unusual.
Sadly, they don’t have butterflies year round like I do here because the weather actually changes in GA, which really is the reason I want to go there, so I’ll have to suck it up buttercup. Aren’t they lovely? If I raise Tiger Swallowtails, I can change my name to the Tiger King.
Wait, maybe Tiger Queen would be better because bad hair, bad piercings, the weird relationships….ughh.
So, has anyone felt like throwing their computer out the window lately?
**Deep breaths Suzanne, deep breaths**
Happy Friday y’all. Or in my world, you’ll probably not see this until Tuesday. See YOU next Tuesday. I just made myself giggle.