My blog friend Mark wrote an end of the year post about what was GOOD in 2021. I’ve never wrapped up my year before, but he has inspired me to do so. Plus, I love making lists.
If I were more with it today, the list would be in a better order. I’ll share with you next week how 2022 is starting. Spoiler alert, it’s not that freaking awesome*. (but it will be)
So in no particular order, my good list from that weird year….that second weird year.
- LILLIE. Adopting her started our 2021 on a positive note; we adore her!
- We had a lovely trip to California where I honed in on my Bee Keeping and learned
masteredabout Birds Of Prey.
- Business is amazing! There is more work that we can keep up with. Although we couldn’t host our much loved company party again this year, the Coach doled out large bonuses and who doesn’t love money?
- We enjoyed many visits to our GA house.
- Pool renovation, back of the house/craft room renovation/new deck outdoor area in GA. We don’t shy away from a project.
- Healthy family. After I started this list, Linds contracted Covid and was miserable for a few days; she is better now. *I will share more next week.
- My Aunt and Uncle found and purchased a home in GA 8 minutes from our house. On that note, we’ve spent more time with them in the past two years than we ever did and that makes me so happy. I know it also makes my Mom happy; I’m assuming she’s reading my blog or attempting to haunt us if she doesn’t have wifi.
- We celebrated 30 years of (mostly) marital bliss. The Coach hasn’t wisened up and for that I’m grateful.
- My Cuz Patrick was able to spend a week with the Coach and I in GA; and we experienced what the experts called The Brood X Cicada invasion. But I’m still not convinced it wasn’t an alien invasion.
- We convinced Lindsay to join the family business and she is doing an amazing job, plus, she’s in a much better mental state than the years prior and THAT is something to be thankful for.
- We had an amazing July Fourth week spent with friends.
- I’ve been more consistent with my blogging and in turn, you’ve been visiting more often and leaving me sweet notes. I LIVE FOR YOUR COMMENTS. Some of the more fun blog topics this past year had to do with bananas and the coveted box of baby teeth . I can’t believe I’ve not been discovered yet.
- We hosted a small and fun surprise Co-Ed Shower for Lolo and Nathan.
- The WEDDING!
- I have a son and didn’t gain more stretch marks.
- Callie has made it another year. In February of 2020, the Vet said she had 2 weeks to 2 months.
- I turned 54 this year. I know, for most people that isn’t a big deal, but for me it is. Some people dread getting older, but it is a privilege that not everyone is given and I’m here for it.
- We were able to see Live Music again while in California.
- I was able to have more phone calls/text messages with fiends this past year because we all had a little bit more time.
- No hurricanes in our neck of the woods.
In the midst of all the crap, life is still beautiful.
Share with me ONE thing that was good in your 2021.
Your friend Suz