We’ve had a big family trip planned for a while and we’re SO excited about it. We are taking the kids to a place we visited for the Coach’s 50th birthday and had always wanted to return.
One of my fave pics from that trip.
We were going fly fishing, I don’t normally wear waders even though they’re super comfy and forgiving.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a family vacation (or holiday) unless someone get’s sick. Apparently it was my turn.
- Thursday: Tired as hell all day in spite of a solid 8 hours of sleep. I reached out to the Coach around 4pm to ask if he might have accidentally changed our coffee to decaf that morning.
- Friday: Not as tired, but had a tickle in my throat all day long. Not my fave kind of tickle.
- Saturday: Woke up coughing like I’d been a pack a day smoker for the last 40 years.
- Sunday: Coughing, but now I’ve cut it down to a half a pack a day for the last 30 years. Started having lower back spasms for several hours. THE HELL? Did I pull a muscle coughing or am I being paid back for something bad I did in a past life?
- Monday: Slight smokers cough and tender back.
Ironically I’m on steroids that were given to me by my ENT last week to combat the ear/head pressure thing I’ve been dealing with since January; I think they might be helping to fast track this bug.
(BTW: I tested negative for the Covid)
The Coach brought home a 28 pack of Mucinex on Saturday and that is also helping.
Don’t you love a bargain? 100% MORE!
We’re departing in the morning. I wasn’t going to blog today but then I thought people might be worried since it’s been a week from my last post and I’ll be MIA this week.
What? You wouldn’t have noticed anyway? Ok. perhaps YOU DO have a life.
And for your giggling pleasure:
Proof that not everyone wants our advice.
Be well my friends!
Your Friend Suz, who is on the mend and hopes to sound like she only hits the peace pipe occasionally on her flight tomorrow.